Terms & Policy
1. USER CONSENT
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
"Personal Data" means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. "Anonymous Data" means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
a. Information You Provide to Us.
· We retain information on your behalf, such as messages that you store on the Services.
· If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
· If you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional Personal Data.
· We may also collect Personal Data at other points in our Site or Services that state that Personal Data is being collected
· Any Personal Data that you share publicly (as described in Section 5) will be stored on our servers.
b. Information Collected from You About Others. If you decide to invite a third party to register for the Services, we will collect your and the third party's names and e-mail addresses in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party.
We may offer the ability to automatically collect third party names and e-mail address from your address books or contact lists on third party services, such Gmail, Facebook, or Twitter. You or the third party may contact us to request the removal of this information from our database.
3. PUBLICLY SHARED DATA
2MEU is designed to help you share your performances around the world. Most of the information you provide us through your use of the Services is information you are asking us to make public. You share your information as you use and communicate through our Services, and we share your information to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services.
Any information that you include in your public profile will be viewable by other users. When you post messages to the Services, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it. Library Items will be viewable by other users; provided that you will be able to control through your Services privacy settings which type of user can view your Library Items. Any of your publicly shared information, content, or activity, such as messages you post through the Services to a Social Networking Site, might be viewable by users of Social Networking Sites, depending on your Services privacy settings. We are not responsible for the Personal Data you choose to post in your public profile, post in messages, send to other users, or otherwise publicly share.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we have to help us provide, operate, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services.
· In order to register for a 2DUB account, we need certain information. We may use your email address and/or phone number to send you information about the Services, provide customer support or to notify you of additional 2MEU products and services, where permitted by applicable law. You may use your account settings to unsubscribe from notifications from 2MEU.
· We may use information from one 2MEU App to improve your experience in other Apps: we seek to integrate our Services.
· We collect information to learn about your use of the Service and to enhance your social experience when using the Services, such as friend-to-friend interaction and notifications, chat, or messaging functionality, public leader boards, head-to-head competition and other similar features. We try to show you social content that we think will be of most interest to you.
· We try to continuously improve our Services and your experience. As part of this, we use the data we have to identify ways to make our Services better and more engaging for our users. We use your interactions on the Services, along with the other data described in this policy, to infer your interests. We do this to identify and suggest content that you may like and to tailor advertising, including off-site advertising.
· We use data to identify and respond to potential risks to our users and Services (e.g., spammers, phishing attempts, screen scraping, bullying and other violations of our Terms of Service).
· In limited situations, we share de-identified content and information with researchers for educational research purposes.
· If you provide us with your list of friends on a third party social network or a mobile device, your friends on such network can automatically follow you when you use the Services and your 2DUB account can be automatically configured to follow your friends. You can, however, unfollow any other user on 2DUB at any time.
· We promote our Services via customised advertising on third party sites. We may use your information to target advertising; including to design advertising campaigns designed to reach individuals with similar profiles to existing 2DUB users.
· You use your information for customer relationship management (CRM) purposes, including for targeting email and other engagement campaigns.
· We sometimes conduct or sponsor surveys and contests. Participation in surveys and contests is completely voluntary. If you elect to participate, we may ask you for contact, demographic, and other information and may ask you to agree to additional terms and conditions.
· We use log data, such as device identifiers, to recognize you and / or your devices across different 2MEU applications. We do so to provide you with seamless access to another 2MEU application by identifying you and making your content available on both applications.
5. OUR LEGAL BASES FOR COLLECTING, USING, SHARING AND OTHERWISE PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
For the purposes of EU law, 2MEU relies on a number of legal bases to collect, use, share, and otherwise process the information we have about you for the purposes described in this Policy. These legal bases include:
· Certain processing is necessary to provide the Services in accordance with the Terms of Service. For example, we need to disseminate your content to provide our Service. We need basic contact information in order to register you for a 2MEU account and to share content on 2MEU, which is at the heart of our Service;
· Where you have consented to certain processing. For example we may send you marketing messages if you have consented to receiving them, or we may ask you if you want to take part in voluntary surveys or contests. You may revoke that consent at any time;
· For 2MEU to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise and defend legal claims, to protect your vital interests or those of others, or where the processing is necessary in the public interest. For example, we may share data where we are required by law to do so; and
· Some processing is necessary because it is in 2MEU’s or a third party’s legitimate interests, such as those of visitors, members or partners.
Our legitimate interests
We process your information in furtherance of the following legitimate interests:
· Keeping the Services safe and secure: We use your information to try and keep our Services safe and secure. We do so as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests, the interests of our community and yours, in ensuring 2DUB is secure, and to protect against fraud, spam, misuse and abuse.
· Providing our Services: We use your information to provide the Services, including any personalized services. We do so as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in providing an innovative and tailored offering to our users on a sustained basis and to provide stable connectivity. For example, where there is poor connectivity in an area or neighborhood, users can experience difficulty in downloading/uploading content. In that case, 2MEU needs to process log data, including your IP address, to troubleshoot the issue. Without your IP address and location info, it can be hard to fix connectivity issues.
· Learning how we can improve your experience on our Services, and contributing to research: We work hard to develop, enhance and improve our Services, such as by providing better song recommendations. We also share data with researchers to contribute to academic research. Where we contribute to academic research, we take into account your rights and ensure that protections are in place with respect to your information.
6. MANAGING AND DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
We offer the ability to correct or update the information collected during registration via your account settings on our website or the applicable App or by contacting support via email and we rely on the accuracy of the information you provide us (such as your age). You may request deletion of your account by clicking Delete Account on the application.
We retain your information in our server logs, our databases and our records only for as long as necessary in light of the purposes set out in this Policy, subject to any legal obligations to further retain such information. We may use third party service providers to store and maintain such data. We retain your verification-related information for a reasonable period of time, even if you do not complete all verification steps, to assist with future verifications and to prevent abuse of our verification processes. If you decide not to verify the account and would like us to delete the verification information you provided, contact support via our email.
If you create content with other users such group content will remain after you delete your account.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
If you reside in certain territories, including the European Economic Area, you benefit from a number of rights in relation to your information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below in a summary format, but mandated applicable law shall govern.
a. Access and Porting. You can access much of your information by logging into your account. Where legally required, we can provide your information upon your request. Note that, in accordance with applicable law, information will not be provided where doing so would adversely affect the rights (including the intellectual property rights) of others.
b. Change, Restrict, Limit, Delete. You can also change, restrict, limit or delete much of your information by logging into your account. If you cannot do this, or you do not have a 2DUB account, contact support via our email. We may retain certain information as required by applicable law.
c. Object. If we process your information based on our legitimate interests explained above, or in the public interest, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is needed for legal reasons. If you live in the European Economic Area, you also have a general right to object to the use of your information for direct marketing purposes.
d. Revoke consent. Where you have previously provided your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time. For example, you can withdraw your consent to email marketing by following the link provided in a marketing email. You can also revoke any consent you have provided to our use of your geo-location information by changing the setting on your mobile device. If you withdraw your consent to the use of your information for purposes set out in this Policy, you may not have access to all (or any) of our Services and we might not be able to provide you all (or any) of the Services. In certain cases, we may continue to process your information after you have withdrawn consent if we have a legal basis to do so or if your withdrawal of consent was limited to certain processing activities.
e. Complain. If you reside in the European Economic Area, should you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
We maintain technical and organisational measures to protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to your information.
We endeavor to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risks that are presented by the processing, having all due regard to the state of the art, the costs of implementation and the nature, scope, context and purposes of the processing as well as the risk to users. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its security.
9. CONTACT US
If you have any questions or comments, you may reach out by mail at 2MEU Inc., ATTN: 4th fl. Baekbeom-ro, Mapo-gu, Seoul, Korea 04147, and by email at email@example.com
Last updated: January 15, 2019